Sunday, September 1, 2013

Say Hello to My Little Friend

We all have those things that make our lives just a little bit easier.  I will confess to you all that I love a crock pot.  I love them so much that I own two - I have even given them names!

Meet Sheldon. He's technical, scientific, and handles the recipes that require a bit more finesse with timing.  Sheldon turns out a killer pot roast and his chicken is out of this world!  I never have to worry about my food being over-done with Sheldon on the job.
 
 
This is Penny.  She's a bit more simple and straight-forward than Sheldon. You just turn her on and let her go.  Penny's the go-to gal for beans, chili, and soups.

No matter the make or model, you cannot go wrong with a crock pot.  They will not heat up your kitchen and you do not have to baby-sit your food to prepare a wholesome meal for your family.  I cannot begin  to describe the pure joy of coming home from work and having dinner already complete!  One of my favorite things is the clean up.  I have discovered the crock pot liners on the foil aisle of the super market.  These little beauties make clean up a breeze - just toss the bag and wipe out the crock!

If you don't have a crock pot, what are you waiting for?  If you do, does it need a companion? 


This is one of my go-to Crock Pot recipes that is a family favorite...

Chicken Taco Stew
Layer the following into your slow cooker in this order:
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (frozen is fine)
package of taco seasoning
package of ranch dressing mix
can of pinto beans, undrained
can of yellow hominy, undrained
can of diced tomatoes
can or Rotel tomatoes + Rotel can of water
 
cook on low 8 hours then remove chicken and shred before adding back to pot
serve over Fritos, tortilla chips, rice, or corn bread (my family's favorite)
top with shredded cheddar cheese, green onion, diced jalapeno, sour cream
 



3 comments:

  1. I also have two crock pots, and I use them all the time. Thank you for the recipe!!
    -Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm, love the hominy difference! I'll try this for us this week.

    ReplyDelete