Sunday, September 15, 2013

He's the Strong Silent Type

I honestly knew from the beginning what I was getting into, but he was cute so it didn't bother me.  Bobby wasn't much of a talker, but I was - we were a match made in Heaven!

He looked like my seventeen year old version of the Marlboro Man!


In fact, if I had to be honest, I took him home for the first time just for the shock value. He was to first boy I had ever taken home to meet Mom and Dad and he was 21 with a mustache and a motorcycle - this was going to be good!  Well, they loved him then and they love him now - they take his side on everything.

I often tell people that Bobby says ten words a day and that's just about true.  Half of those involve asking about what's for supper and the remaining are usually about golf and cars.  This week, his budgeted vocabulary got him into a bit of hot water and it all began on Tuesday with these three words,"Going to ER." 

Yep, that's all I got - three words.  You see he has a really great cell phone that can do many wonderful things - if he will carry it with him.  So by the time I track him down, he has become a cardiac patient and we are on our way to a whole new world. I will not bore you with the details, but he is much better and still has a ways yet to go.

One side note, the nutrition class was enlightening.  He will listen to a COMPLETE STRANGER tell him what his wife has been trying to tell him for years!  I kid you not, at one point, I swear I saw a tear roll down his cheek at then mention of how pizza is toxic.
I thought our nutrition class went really well.


Now just when I thought we had come to an understanding and had schedules figured out, I went back to school.  I was zipping back to the hospital one afternoon after a  great day spent with kiddos and I thought I would call and see if Bobby needed anything and this is what I hear...
"You just missed the cardiologist."
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!! he had never come before 7:00p.m. before.

breathe 

"What did he say?"

"He said I need an MRI of my brain"

WHAT!!!!!!!!!WHAT!!!!!!!!!!WHAT!!!!!!

that's it?
no explanation.
he obviously thought it was cool that someone wanted to look into his noggin.

Once I came back to earth and arrived at the hospital, I learned in the words of Paul Harvey "the rest of the story".  That husband of mine is really going to need to be more generous with his words or there will be two cardiac patients in our home!

Well, we are entering a new chapter.  Things are changing and that's OK. Friends and family have really come through for us and we don't know what we would do without them.  We will change and adjust and we will get through it all together, because while he may be a man of few words, I love the three he never fails to say, "I love you."
and we will LIVE happily ever after!


I cook for therapy and boy do I need some therapy after this week!
These cookies are AWESOME!  They taste wonderful, make your house smell divine, and are HEART HEALTHY!

pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
 
1 can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 cup splenda
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
3 cups wheat flour
2 t baking powder
2 t cinnamon (I add more:  1/2t nutmeg and 1/2 t allspice! )
1/2 t salt
1 t baking soda
2 t vanilla
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1-2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
 
combine: pumpkin, eggs, oil, splenda, cinnamon, and vanilla
combine: flour, powder, salt, soda
 
mix together and add chocolate chips and nuts
 
drop by spoonfuls and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment