Sunday, September 8, 2013

"I am a bear of very little brain..."



"I am a bear of very little brain and long words bother me."

This is one of my favorite "Poohisms".  Pooh has long been one of my favorite characters.  As an only child he was not only my favorite toy but my closest companion.  As I discovered his un-Disneyized literature as an adult, I realized that Pooh and I see the world in much the same way and there is nothing wrong with that.  With that being said, there are things  that I will simply never understand, so allow me to share a few with you...  (this is a fun and light piece, not intended to incite riots, so sit back and enjoy)

Big Universities vs Small Universities
I LOVE my school.  (key the Beach Boys "Be True to Your School"). I am a Lumberjack through and through, I bleed purple.  In a land that demands to know if am am affiliated with longhorns, raiders, or aggies, I thrill at completely throwing them off their game when I state that I am a dual degree holder from Stephen F. Austin State University-AXE EM.
So the latest trend in college football is to match up bigger schools with smaller schools as one of the first games of the season.  To which I reply REALLY???  I mean miracles could happen - but it's highly unlikely (just like George Straight could show up at my door- he could, but he's not) Then I investigated.  It seems that the larger schools pay a great deal of $$ to the smaller schools for the privilege of playing them.  So I guess we now know who the real "winners" are.

Tofu & Sushi
Have these folks that eat this stuff ever had a good rib eye or fried catfish? 

Polygamy
Seriously, I can barely handle the ONE God blessed me with.

Skinny People
I love skinny people, I just don't understand them.  There are skinny people who think they are fat-SERIOUSLY, get you a double digit size then we'll talk.  There are skinny people who can out-eat an offensive lineman - I watch them with my mouth open in awe.  There are skinny people who exercise before work AND after work. Well I do that too - I put my Spanx on and take them off. Honey, that's exercise.

Denim
As you might can surmise from the above comments, I don't wear jeans often, but when I do I can promise two things.  One is that the pair that I am wearing aren't so big that in the words of my daddy "it looks like a family of sharecroppers could move in there with ya" or so tight that the aforementioned Spanx would need be worn on the outside.  SO why the baggin and saggin and the skinny jeans? Can't we find a middle ground people? I won't even talk about the ripped to shreds jeans.
Now, I will get on my soap box here for a brief moment.  I do like to look cute and while not exactly skinny, Omar isn't sewing my clothes in his tent shop yet.  It is my personal opinion that nothing is cuter than a denim jacket to pull together an outfit or a cute denim dress or tunic with a leather belt. Don't even get me started on chambray. But if you work in a denim-free zone you are SOL.  Again, it is just my personal opinion. But I studied many years so that I would not have to be a field hand; so in no way would I embarrass my employer by dressing like one.

House Hunters
This is one of my favorite shows to watch.  However, it always amazes me when the hunters are these young (early 20s) newlywed couples looking for their first home.  They want 4-5 bedrooms, huge bathrooms, entertainment space, granite, stainless, "I'm not sharing a closet", on and on..... Then they state the budget and it's anywhere from $250,000-600,000 and I am like whoa!!!!  Don't these kids have college loans?  Were there last names Buffet or Trump?  Times have changed - when we first married our major decision was whether or not to fry the bologna.

Well, there may be a lot that I don't understand, but there are a few things that I do...
1. I am loved
2. I am saved
3. I am forgiven
and if I wake up in the morining, I have 29 little smiles waiting on me to teach them to read- I'M BLESSED

who could ask for more!

Love and Blessings !
Puddin'

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you on soooo much. Even though I went to and root for one of those large universities, the games we play against the smaller universities do bother me. What's the point? I know they say a win is a win, but is it when the playing field isn't exactly even?

    I do love my sushi though! But I am always down for a good steak or some fried catfish :)

    ReplyDelete