Sunday, August 18, 2013

Happy

This week one of our favorite television shows began a new season.  Never in my wildest dreams would I have pictured myself a Duck Dynasty fan but I am and I'm proud of it- JACK!

In honor of the Robertson clan and their catch phrase "Happy Happy Happy", I would like to share the following list....

The Top 10 Things That Make Me HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY!
(note: these are in no particular order and are mostly FREE so give them a try!)

1. Hugs!
I love hugs - getting hugs and giving hugs.  If you know me, this is no surprise.  I'm not sure when or how this came about - my family is not particularly huggy.  But I am bonafied  - so come over here and give me a hug.


2. The smell of clean laundry.
I love to do laundry.  The optimal time is when I can sort, wash, dry, fold, hang, and iron all while a good movie is playing.  I just have to get a big sniff of clean towels or my hubby's t-shirts.  The smells of fabric softener and bleach is intoxicating!

3. Puppy Breath
It's like crack ( I would imagine)  Only to be rivaled by round puppy bellies.  Bliss!

4. Coffee
I have been a coffee drinker since the age of five.  My Nanny said if I were going to drink it, then I would learn to drink it right - hot and black. Don't really understand the latte love, just give me my Community brand dark roast please.  Love the stuff! 


5. Good Hair Days
When they happen, enjoy them!

6. A Clean Car
It may just be the OCD in me and I'll own that, but I love driving a clean car.  So much so that I try to figure out who is driving out to the farm to pick up mom for church so I know just how long mine will stay clean.  I'm sure they make pills for people like me.


7. The Smell of Rain
There is nothing that compares. 

8. Snuggling with my furry children.
There are precious moments when Holly (the dog) is at my feet, Mully (the cat) is behind my head, and his brother Bogey is in my lap.  Yes, I usually need to be somewhere. And I am usually wearing black.  They love me and I am crazy about them.


9. Love Notes
Bobby is a man of few words and those words usually have to do with dinner, golf, or guns.  However, every now and then, he leaves me a post it with a sweet I love you.  Nothing better.

10. Shop Talk
I love sitting out at the shop with my dad. We sit on old milk crates and solve the world's problems and just cut up. Folks say that we are two peas in a pod - pray for my mom!  No other place that I would rather be.

These are just a few of the things that make me happy! 
Praying that your week is full of may happy moments - treasure them!

Love and Blessings!
Puddin'






 

No comments:

Post a Comment